Wednesday, March 18, 2009

wads da next step??

been quite sometime since i've updated eh.. been busying with all da further studies.. n getting headache n frustration over decisions..

so SPM is over.. my high school life.. is over.. a stage of life is over.. n another is coming.. n im in between of the stages... n hell it aint easy going thru tis phase.. decisions..

if u guys know.. i've gotten a scholarship offer from a singapore polytechnic.. a diploma in digital n precision engineering.. it quite a fresh course.. so da scholarship offer.. a 3 yrs full diploma programme.. n 5 yrs of bond with singapore govenrment.. a total of 8 yrs.. i'll be jus a diploma holder.. whereas.. ppl shud be holding a degree cert looking for jobs adi.. i have a family.. in my house.. discussing tis.. encouraging.. n discouraging.. for me.. i have no idea.. i cant decide.. i dont really have a focus on wad i want.. for me.. im jus going into anything im getting offered.. like tis.. i've already set my mind in going into it.. dad is opposing.. while mum is encouraging..

dad's say: its jus a diploma qualification.. 5 yrs of work.. waste time.. no degree.. ur always lower qualification den others.. u have a good result.. y waste urself jus into diploma.. salary wont be any good..

mum's say: u have a secured job.. singapore pay shudnt be bad.. 2.5 times rate of malaysia.. u can be PR.. save around rm200k.. ( her calculation).. singapore better development..

my say: I JUS WAN A SCHOLARSHIP N DON WANNA WASTE A SINGLE CENT ON ME LIKE MY BROS..

everybody discussed.. discussed n discussed.. n in da end.. they all turn to me.. ''wad do u wan.. wad do u think.. think yourself''.. its $#$&%*(%$ how i wished there was somebody who can really convince me... wad shud i do.. im on my own.. it aint easy.. huh... i need some mind clearance..

today is da 18th.. under dad's influence.. i halted da scholarship.. today is da deadline to reply.. i didnt reply.. which shud mean im not going over to singapore.. im still doubting if i made da right choice.. my dad told me thru da phone.. to look for UNI.. get a degree.. MASTERS.. in engineering.. n i was WOOTT.. imagine da $$$ all thsoe private uni.. n da UNI hes asking.. Monash.. Curtin.. bla bla.. all prestigious uni.. n overseas.. tats gonna cost a whole lot of $$$.. he even told my mum tat local UNI aint good enuf.. da way he says.. is making me even guilty.. to spend so much $$$ while both my bros spend almost NTG.. its basically 3 brother's education expenditure is going into me.. i dont wanna be a ''bai gah zhai''... da one who spends all da money.. i wanna be da one who help in saving.. but ppl keep telling.. dont worry bout money.. most important if wad u like.. but i really have no idea.. my mindset is already onto $$$.. a scholarship will be good for me..

Currently listening to mariah carey & whitney houston's ''when you believe''
"There can be miracle WHEN YOU BELIEVE.."

hope there would be a miracle tat i get any local scholarship offers.. its a great song at tis moment.. seriously giving me hope..

till next time buddies.. i'll keep updating if i can..

2 comments:

Yau Weng said...

dun feel guilty. Parents always want the best for us. The most important thing is what u like...really. Sit down n think wat u wanna b in the future. If you feel guilty bcoz of spending too much money, then repay them by getting good results and study hard. Make the money spent for ur education worth it.

- I v a n - said...

Agree with weng. Yr parents wants what's best for u. U should do what's best too. I agree with yr dad. Diploma is always a lower qualification compared to a degree. It's not bout the money. It's bout what's best for u.